The Black and Minority Ethnic LGBT Network
Please note that as of May 2011, the BME is currently on hold until Consortium successfully finds funding for the network. The work that has been developed in this area has been fantastic and we are actively seeking funds to develop this, and other specialist networks, even further....so watch this space!
Our purpose is to bring together BME LGBT community representatives, and those that work with people from those communities. This will provide the BME LGBT community with a united voice.
Our goal is to make the third sector environment more supportive of BME LGBT organisations, using the knowledge and leadership of people with direct experience of inequality and discrimination.
Agreed aims of network members:
- Unify the BME LGBT community/sector and build strong foundations within the BME LGBT community.
- To have a strategic outlook to address the needs of the BME LGBT community.
- Increase members’ knowledge of funding opportunities.
- Raise the awareness and profiles of BME LGBT organisations.
- Identify service gaps and promote better resources for BME LGBT people.
- Act as a conduit of information sharing from the network to the wider LGBT community.
- Identify ways of breaking down the barriers of racism within the LGBT community.
- Identify and develop regional champions within the BME LGBT sector.